UPDATE: The Independence Day promotion has ended, but you can STILL follow the link to get a $50 bonus on a checking account, $25 bonus on a savings account, and $25 bonus on kids accounts.
I don’t usually share time-sensitive deals on Six Figures Under, but I wanted to share with you a deal that is worth taking advantage of. I know a little extra money is always welcome when you’re paying off debt (umm, or anytime)!
I have had a Capital One 360 account for nearly a decade, since back when they were ING Direct. I have loved having a completely online account. It really makes life simple. Capital One is great to work with.
If you don’t have a Capital One 360 Checking or Savings account yet, TODAY is the day to get one! With their Independence Day Deal, you will get $100 for opening a checking account and $76 for opening a savings account. If your kids or teens don’t have an account yet, they will get a $25 bonus for each account you open for them.
If you want to take advantage of both offers (which has always been fine in the past), open the savings account first.
- You need an initial deposit of $500 (not including the bonus) to get the $76 bonus.
- Must be your first Capital One 360 Savings account (you haven’t opened on before)
- Perfect for your emergency fund (that’s what’s in ours)!
- There are NO FEES with this online checking account and it even earns a bit of interest too!
- You need to make 5 debit card purchases (or 5 CheckMate deposits, or any combination of the two) in the first 45 days. There is no minimum on the purchases, so they could be 5 small transactions. You’ll get the bonus $100 on the 50th day.
- Must be your first Capital One 360 Checking account (you haven’t opened on before).
Remember if you want to do both and get $176, open the savings account first.
This offer is good 6/30/2014 through 7/3/2014.
PS- If you missed Friday’s post on making homemade dishwasher detergent (because I didn’t publish it until Saturday afternoon), you can go see it here!
(Note: This post contains my referral link. For more information, see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting this site.)
Let's Do This Together!
We're banding together to pay off some serious debt in 2019! We want you to join in the debt-smashing fun!
When you subscribe, you'll get monthly reminders to report your progress and you'll see how we're doing as a group!
You'll also receive frugal inspiration and financial motivation in your inbox to help you along the way!
Are you ready to smash debt with us?!