UPDATE: The Independence Day promotion has ended, but you can STILL follow the link to get a $50 bonus on a checking account, $25 bonus on a savings account, and $25 bonus on kids accounts.
I don’t usually share time-sensitive deals on Six Figures Under, but I wanted to share with you a deal that is worth taking advantage of. I know a little extra money is always welcome when you’re paying off debt (umm, or anytime)!
I have had a Capital One 360 account for nearly a decade, since back when they were ING Direct. I have loved having a completely online account. It really makes life simple. Capital One is great to work with.
If you don’t have a Capital One 360 Checking or Savings account yet, TODAY is the day to get one! With their Independence Day Deal, you will get $100 for opening a checking account and $76 for opening a savings account. If your kids or teens don’t have an account yet, they will get a $25 bonus for each account you open for them.
If you want to take advantage of both offers (which has always been fine in the past), open the savings account first.
- You need an initial deposit of $500 (not including the bonus) to get the $76 bonus.
- Must be your first Capital One 360 Savings account (you haven’t opened on before)
- Perfect for your emergency fund (that’s what’s in ours)!
- There are NO FEES with this online checking account and it even earns a bit of interest too!
- You need to make 5 debit card purchases (or 5 CheckMate deposits, or any combination of the two) in the first 45 days. There is no minimum on the purchases, so they could be 5 small transactions. You’ll get the bonus $100 on the 50th day.
- Must be your first Capital One 360 Checking account (you haven’t opened on before).
Remember if you want to do both and get $176, open the savings account first.
This offer is good 6/30/2014 through 7/3/2014.
PS- If you missed Friday’s post on making homemade dishwasher detergent (because I didn’t publish it until Saturday afternoon), you can go see it here!
(Note: This post contains my referral link. For more information, see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting this site.)