July was a bit crazy. We were gone for a week and a half on two different trips, so we didn’t do our normal grocery hauls and I didn’t document it (well I started at the beginning of the month, but didn’t keep it up when things got crazy).
For the record, we spent $305 on food in July, which doesn’t include food for a week long at a family reunion in Las Vegas. It does include a Sam’s Club haul right after our trip. When we got back I had my husband go by Sam’s Club on his way home from work to get milk. He offered to grab the rest of our Sam’s Club usuals, so I gave him my list.
So in August, I don’t have a beginning of the month Sam’s Club haul to show you. We still have several gallons of milk, two 5-lb bags of cheese, half of a 5-lb container of sour cream, bananas, salad greens and some other things left from the odd shopping trip at the end of July.
As usual, if you’d rather watch show you our grocery haul, you can check out the video below!
Winco = $160
- Frozen veggies (16 oz) $1.18 x 4 = $4.72
- Frozen berries (32 oz) $4.13 x 2 = $8.26
- Ice cream $2.58 x 2 = $5.16
- Mini chocolate chips $2.78 x 2.3 lb = $6.39
- Brown rice (2 lb) $1.38 x 3 = $4.14
- Black beans (1 lb) $.96 x 6 = $5.76
- Flour tortillas $1.88 x 2 = $3.76
- Whole wheat tortillas $4.46
- Corn tortillas $2.18
- Pretzels $1.88 x 2 = $3.76
- Spaghetti sauce $.88 x 3 = $2.64
- Brownie mix $.98 x 4 = $3.92
- Pasta $.88 x 7 = $6.16
- Brown sugar (2 lb) $1.50 x 2 = $3.00
- Tahini (16 oz) $6.55
- Baby carrots (3 lb) $2.98
- Potatoes (10 lb) $2.48
- Cucumbers $.48 x 3 = $1.44
- Apples $.98/lb x 5.42 = $5.31
- Nectarines $.98 x 4.43 = $4.34
- Peaches $.98 x 9.57 = $9.37
- Onions $.48 x 1.71 lb = $.82
- Peanuts $1.63 x 1.22 lb = $1.99
- Tapioca pearls $1.73 x 3.05 lb = $5.28
- Parmesan cheese $4.65/lb x 2.21 lb = $10.28
- Raisins $2.22 x 2.49 lb = $5.53
- Steel cut oats $.63 x 2.34 = $1.47
- Bread $1.68 x 10 = $16.80
- Bagels (6 ct) $1.68 x 3 = $5.04
- Sugar (10 lb) $4.77 x 2 = $9.54
- White Flour (10 lb) $3.24
- Rice crispy cereal $1.78 x 2 = $3.56
Sprouts = $26
- Cilantro $.50
- Green oninos $.50
- Red seedless grapes $.98 x 7.38 lb = $7.23
- Green seedless grapes $.98 x 9.37 lb= $9.18
- Cantaloupe $.98 x 3 = $2.94
- Roma tomatoes $.98/ lb x 2.77lb = $2.89
- Sweet corn $.20 x 10 = $2.00
Many of you have asked what we’re going to do about meat since we used to get most of our meat from Zaycon Fresh which went out of business last month. I didn’t get any meat in August, as we still have meat in the freezer, but I’m going to check out the ads more and look more closely at the meat at Sam’s Club. You can expect to see meat more often in my grocery hauls though.
If you’re curious what our meals look like, you can get a peek in this blog post.
If you want some help in sticking to or lowering your own grocery budget, check out the Grocery Budget Crash Course, a free email course I put together to help you do just that!
Want to Lower Your Grocery Budget?
I'm sharing my secrets to rocking a low grocery budget!
Learn how to reduce your grocery budget in a way that works best for you!
When you subscribe to Six Figures Under you'll get frugal inspiration and financial motivation in your inbox, starting with the Grocery Budget Crash Course!
What are you waiting for? Start saving money today!