Normally we do our monthly grocery shopping at the beginning of the month, but in September my husband and I were gone to Washington DC for a financial bloggers conference so it was nearly halfway through the month before we made our monthly trip to Sams’ Club and Winco.
I did make a quick $35 trip to Grocery Outlet before we headed out on our trip. I shared that shopping trip in a quick video:
September’s Monthly Grocery Haul
Our regular monthly grocery haul was smaller than usual, partly because the month was half over and partly because we still have many freezer meals that my kids and I assembled last month.
As usual, you can either watch or listen to me go through everything we bought in the quick video below, or you can just check out the items and complete price list below the video.
Winco Grocery Haul– $97
- Tortilla chips (12 oz) $.98 x 4 = $3.92
- Pretzel sticks (18 oz) $1.88 x 2 = $3.76
- Whole wheat bread $1.78 x 10 = $17.80
- Canadian bacon (6 oz) $2.41
- Pepperoni (5 oz) $2.18
- GReen onions $.48
- Avocado $.78 x 2 = $1.56
- Bagels (1 dozen) $4.98
- French bread $.95 x 2 = $1.90
- Gala apples $.98/lb x 6.38 lb = $6.25
- Green grapes $1.18/lb x 2.24 lb = $2.64
- Red grapes $1.18/lb x 4.85 lb = $5.72
- Sweet potatoes $1.28/lb x 6.29 lb = $8.05
- Celery $.78
- Strawberries (1 lb) $1.68 x 2 = $3.36
- Potatoes (10 lb) $2.78
- Boxed mac-n-cheese (5 pack) $1.98
- Yogurt cup $.28
- Roma tomatoes $.98/lb x 7.17 lb = $7.03
- Spaghetti sauce $.88 x 3 = $2.64
- Gummi bears $1.68/lb x 1.14 lb = $1.92
- Mini chocolate chips $2.68/lb x 2.93 lb = $7.85
- Chocolate covered pretzels $2.66/lb x 2.42 lb = $6.44
Sam’s Club Grocery Haul– $42
- 2% Millk $2.39 x 3 = $7.17
- Romaine hearts $3.38
- Spring mix (16 oz) $3.28
- Bananas $1.23 x 2 = $2.46
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (5 lb) $12.48
- Pork sausage (2 lbs) $5.42
- Goldfish crackers (4.1 lb ) $7.54
Between our monthly grocery haul and our trip to Grocery Outlet at the very beginning of the month, we spent just $172. That’s less than half of what we have budgeted for food during the month, so stay tuned for September’s monthly budget update to see where the rest of it goes.
If you have any questions about how we handle grocery shopping or our food budget, I am happy to answer them in the comments or even make a video on the topic. Just let me know in the comments.